Sunday, October 25, 2009

Morning Madness

WHAT... it's freaking 8am on a SUNDAY (nonetheless) and I'm already going to "have a cow man". I WISH I WAS AT CHURCH.... then I could get a lot more calm and peaceful!

Do you ever take responsibility for something or someone else and it isn't even your place? I'm the one that is always saying "know what you can control and what you can't" or "take a step back and put things into perspective'... so that is what I am really trying to do BUT it's definitely a struggle!

So about 2 weeks ago I went on Craigslist and found someone who will delivered "seasoned" firewood (which if you don't know seasoned is the better of the options). Checked with the hubby, showed him the site, etc. etc. and everything seemed pretty legit and we were good to go. Well last weekend we realized there were a bunch of questions we didn't ask: what type of wood; what is a chord of wood to them, etc. etc.- all legit questions. So we're all ready to go last Sunday and the guy calls and cancels and asks if he can come 'next Sunday'. So definitely annoying, but whatever.

He was suppose to be here at 7:30am and still didn't arrive one hour later! Hubby has to be somewhere in less than an hour which means I'm left to deal with the situation on my own.. which usually would be ok- I'm a tough girl I can stack wood.. BUT now there is a whole other element that I am FREAKING out about.... if we will really get 2 chords of wood... well I doubt that is likely now because after researching apparently a normal truck bed is only a 1/2 chord- so how the EFF is this guy going to get 2 chords of wood here from York, PA?!?! Hubby says the only way is if he has a dump truck... umm I'm sure the likely hood of that happening is closer to pigs flying......

But all in all I say it all worked out... they came, they dumped, they left! I think that we have enough wood, I got a receipt and we will see! I'm not allowed to stack it until the Big Man on Campus gets home, but I'm ready to get started!!!! BRING IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment