Friday, October 9, 2009

Classes on Common Courtesy Traveling

On a completely OPPOSING note to my "morning fav' some people are COO COO!!! While traveling this morning we encountered this ridiculous woman and the check-in and baggage.

You know, I'm NOT so familiar with the whole new "electronic kiosk" process, because when I travel for work it is always international and you have to talk to someone (phew) and usually when I fly Southwest we don't check luggage (I know don't pass out that I can actually fit all my stuff in a carry-on. It helps when you're visit friends that you can share clothes and hair products with... I mean that's 20lbs. right there!). Well this morning we had to check baggage because "hubby" decided to bring his clubs (which I am GLAD he did because he's already out on the course... 70 and sunny) and there was a pretty long line. There was a softball team traveling, which made things a little more hectic between the teen girls, parents dropping off, and intimidating coach yelling at them "to get it together"- umm hello you do KNOW it is 6am and these girls are in high school, right?!? Where's the compassion or just plain common sense?!?

Well, this "elder" woman took it upon herself to start bossing everyone around- including the women that worked there. "there's one open over here.. there's a screen open over there... jeez- sir, sir, there's all these screens open over there". SO.. finally you just couldn't ignore her anymore AND it was our turn at the front of the line. So, she finds it her duty to start telling me what to do and that this screen is open... when I nicely proceeded to tell her that someone was at that kiosk trying to check their luggage and she thought "umm well you can still check in". I started to get a little irritated so I decided to counter... "Ma'am where would you like me to go in that small spot, my husbands has clubs and a suitcase". Her answer- she thought she should BUDGE.. yes I said budge.. in front of us... So, I kept it together as much as possible because I always want to make my mother--in-law proud when we travel, but as I walked away I definitely think the words crazy; chill out; woman; and maybe the f* bomb flew out. Luckily it wasn't loud enough for too many people to hear, but I mean this woman was seriously just rude!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment