Wednesday, October 7, 2009

If you have a brain.. please use it


Do you ever think you are invincible or that the laws of gravity don't apply to you? I seriously don't, but sometimes my actions may appear that I do! When I think about whether or not I should do something, if it's probably not a good idea, the first thought that enters my mind really is "I probably shouldn't do that" and then this other little voice says "oh it's ok, it'll be fine". Now, luckily I'm not dabbling with crack cocaine here people... but still, what do they say?!? 'Go with your gut instinct'?

So, yesterday I was making some lunch and I really really enjoy a toasted sandwich! And usually I will use my panini maker, but if it's open faced, I'm forced to use the oven broiler. We have this awesome stone pizza circular "thing" that we leave in the oven and you can pretty much cook anything off of. Sometimes I will just throw my sandwich on there, but it can get messy if the cheese melts everywhere. But then that leaves me one choice- to put a plate in with the food (yesterday it was pizza). Which normally is OK for dinner, but I usually eat lunch up in my office and then I have to put the 'ove glove' on and carry it upstairs and if I'm really hungry and the plates hot..... You know the more I'm telling this story I'm thinking it's probably NOT a good decision to think when you are hungry!... anyway... so I have these small plastic plates and the slice fit so perfectly on it, I just thought.. I'm only going to put it in the oven for 2 seconds, it won't melt, it will be fine... well low and behold.. not 30 seconds later.... I smell something.. EEK.. I already forgot I put a plastic plate in the oven... so I open it up and it's this PERFECT white, flat circle.... It pretty cool! Not the smartest idea i've had, but luckily I had that stone 'thing' and it laid flat and I just scraped it up into the trash vs. a melty mess all over the oven bars.

So, NOTE TO SELF... plastic can NOT go in the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment