Friday, October 16, 2009

iPod Shuffle


I can't remember what the quote is... but it goes something like this... "I LOVE all the songs on my iPod, except for when I'm working out or really need a good "mix", that's when I find myself skipping every song!"

Have you guys ever heard that quote? Well I have and it is SO me! Especially this morning.... I'm in the middle of my early AM workout and on the elliptical and what comes on but "Cowgirls Don't Cry"... I make it through until the end until the last verse:
Phone rang early one morning
Her momma's voice, she'd been crying
Said it's your daddy, you need to come home
This is it, I think he's dying
She laid the phone down by his head
The last words that he said
Like.. GEEZ BROOKS AND DUNN.. come on!!! I literally started tearing up! Thank goodness I changed just in time... enjoying a little "Juicy" by Biggy Smalls himself and Mariah's "Touch My Body".. heck yeah I'll work out harder!! And then BAM... Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven".. WHAT?!?! Talk about a workout foul if there is such thing.... And then next thing I notice I am in TOTAL shock that I have been listening to it for at least a minute.. I couldn't believe my iPod didn't know to skip over this.. BS! So as you could imagine I did another skiparoo, moved on to my weights and mid bench press.. The Verve's "The Freshmen".. yes a good 'old school throwback', but SO not appropriate..

As you can imagine after that I opted to NOT listen to my iPod for the rest of the workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment