Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Morning Fav

Entertainment: Moving Up

So I am definitely NOT a TLC fan and for some reason I secretly (well not anymore) really dislike that channel, no clue why I just do! But a few weeks ago when I was down in North Carolina visiting a friend that had on this show "Moving Up" that I totally got sucked in to.. one episode turned into two and two into three. I found myself watching an episode this week as I made my grocery list, party planner, and rearranged some furniture, and it is so good!

So it is still a home improvement and 'before and after' show, but involves 3 different couples! So basically they show you each house before people move in and renovations begin. Couple 1 moves out and into Couple 2's humble abode and Couple 2 moves out and into Couple 3's pad and then who cares what Couple 3's new place looks like.. right? haha JK!

And it's cool because the 'before' the the old owners say that they will just 'die' if 'this or that' is changed and then the new people come in and are like 'this is SO tacky.. were they serious?" and then the old owners get to come back and walk through the house and give their opinions of what the new owners did... ALL THE WHILE.. the new owners watch them on a DVD so they can see what they said.... some people get SO defenseless and are ruthless, haha LOVE IT!

And the host is sort of a creeper too so that's fun!

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/moving-up/moving-up.html


Ever wonder what happens to your house after your move out?!? Well I definitely have... talk about a SUPER STALKER!!! I LOVE driving by, on occasion, good 'ole Drakes Drum Drive and seeing the old hood, brings back memories of when I was really young. Great Springs Rd is another hand... that is the house I grew up in, my baby!!! And after we moved out (the year I went to college... when I came home for fall break, my parents were in Spain and I had to fine my 'new home' and it was the PITS... nothing was the same and it just wasn't 'my home').

So, the first few years were hard I will admit, but at least the house was the same... I guess we sold it to some basketball player? I would definitely do drive bys on the cul-de-sac, but since the driveway was so long you couldn't see much... so then it required me driving up to Harriton House and looking at the back yard. In between owners I even made my friend and 'hubby' go back and try to see this like thousand pound statue and thought it would fit in the back of her wrangler... guess 'hubby' wasn't strong enough haha!!

The new owners completely tore down the house and built some monstrosity that got rid of the indoor pool, moved the outdoor pool to the complete other side.. sort of like.. oh I'll just move a pool- no big deal! Then the house basically totally got rid of the hill and one of the rooms is even over top of the pond- which they put a HUGE fountain in the middle of that lights up- WHAT?!?! I will admit they did spruce up the tennis courts- why we never took more advantage of it- like why did my parents NOT make me play more tennis (could have been a level 4.5 by now and not a meesely 2.5, thanks MOM!)... although I did utilize it a little bit when I thought I could be the next Mia Hamm in middle and high school! And whoever those kids are have a pretty cool swing set- with wood chips- so I'll give them those props! But I can't help to have my goal, one day, be to get that house back... don't sell yourself short kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment