Friday, October 16, 2009

Bad Day?

I'm sure you're all familiar with Daniel Powder's "Bad Day" and that's what I've got on right now.. because you know it really does make me feel better... just like his main verse:

Because you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride

I know it's an odd coping mechanism, but I guess if I listen to a "sad song" it's my way of giving myself "permission" to really feel what I am feeling... feel it, express it, get it out... loud and proud.. and then get over it! With that being said I already am!!!!!!!!! But since the turn of events seemed so "despairing" at the time and once I put it into perspective, actually told someone out loud and embarrassed with myself, ha, I will now share them with you..........

You know it's NOT your day when you........
  • Are outside at 5AM in the middle of October walking your beloved dog and it's 38F and raining... gross!
  • Forget your first morning appointment
  • Drop your new wallet in the rain
  • Drop you keys in a puddle
  • Find out tenant has ruined your 'new' hardwood floors
  • Have to tell your 90 year-old tenant that even though she's moving she still owes you a LOT of money
  • Have your dog drool ALL over your Burberry coat and new skinny jeans in the car (yes I'm a snob, so be it!)
  • Start crying cause your dog is massively drooling all over you and you can feel it dripping down your leg
  • Try to go a new way home because there is traffic on your usual route.... and like ALWAYS... do NOT go the right way and get lost
  • Start crying even harder because you feel ridiculous that you're crying, with a dog on your lap, while driving in the ghetto, in the rain, because you feel selfish that you're upset about these things when in reality you have it so lucky and now you feel pathetic
  • Have a puppy on your lap, that unannounced to you, is throwing up all over you, your new car, "Burberry jacket, and new skinny jeans"
  • Pull over in the ghetto, have NO idea where you are, and have to figure out how to rid of your puppy's morning breakfast and make sure he is okay too
  • Want to strangle your puppy
  • Start crying like a baby because you feel bad that you had that mean thought about the poor sick puppy on your lap
  • Start crying even harder because the fact that you had that thought now means you are going to be the worst mother "ever" . What "motherly figure" thinks that about her "child"?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kirah, I'm sorry!! Those days are the worst, and always come when you already have a million things on your plate to worry about ! I hope things turned around for you this weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete