Thursday, September 3, 2009

Who Am I?

My whole life I've known myself as KiraH Miles, but I bet the state of Pennsylvania would beg to differ!

See, my first name on my birth certificate is Kira, sans the "h". Not sure quite when and where along the way my mom added it. So, I've always written my name with an '"h" on the end and mostly everything I own has it as well. The funny thing is.. is that on my driver's license my name is 'Kira", but I signed it with an "h" and no one has EVER said anything to me. Even more ironic is that my PASSPORT says "Kirah", which is obviously different than my ID or Birth Certificate and have never had a problem!

So, a whole year later, in the process of getting everything ready for my big name change I figure I can just put that lovely "h" back in the books and were good to go... apparently not according to Social Security and the DMV. I would have to file with the courts for a LEGAL name change! And I was advised it's probably just easier to start signing without the "h", because apparently the process is quite annoying AND I would have to go back to SS and the DMV and do the name change ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!

Between my license, passport, credit cards, mortgage, health insurance, etc. I have 3 different alias'! This could either be really fun or get me in a heap of trouble : )

So.... do I go through the hassle of trying to legally trying to put that "h" back on there... I mean to me that's my name.. or should I just get used to my new identity?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment