Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Morning Fav

Food: Oriental Coleslaw Salad


I had to throw this recipe out there before the end of summer. Not that it can't be made for a fall BBQ or Saturday afternoon treat! It was given to me by a good friend when I needed a last minute salad my husband had offered to bring to a work BBQ! I think I have made it at least once a week throughout the summer! It's quick, easy, and "dummy" proof... I.E. I misplaced the ingredients/ directions a few times and winged it and it still turned out great!

Ingredients:
  • 2 - 1 pound bags of coleslaw or broccoli slaw
  • 1 bunch of green onions (optional)
  • 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup oil
  • 2 packages Ramen noodles (chicken flavor), broken up
  • 2 packages of Ramen noodle seasoning
  • 4 oz. package of almond slivers
  • 4 oz. package of sunflower seeds (shelled)

Directions:

* I like to combine everything (minus the almond slivers and sunflower seeds) and really let everything soak up the flavor

* The cool thing is that you can do this 30 minutes before eating or even over night (I tend to think the longer the better)

* Don't forget to add the almonds and sunflower seeds right before serving (but if you don't, not the biggest deal in the world.. in fact I usually forget to, oops!)

This recipe is also "fire proof" in the sense that if you don't want to make this large of a portion, you can just use one bag of coleslaw and cut all the ingredients in 1/2 to taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment