Friday, September 18, 2009

What's in a year?

five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes
five hundred twenty five thousand moments so dear
five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes
how do you measure? measure a year

It's crazy to think about where I was at this moment last year! I think I was probably sitting in the same chair, at the same desk, in front of the same computer! I was definitely burning mixes for my bridesmaids and printing out itineraries for our guests' gift bags! I'm pretty sure that morning my ink cartridge ran out and I had to make an early morning run to Staples! Of course! All jacked up on water + Emergen-C and Sugar-free Redbull that week, I was anxiously awaiting all of my out-of-town girls that arrived to help me finish off the goodies-bags (and the left over Hopes Cookies. I still honestly think SOME PEOPLE were breaking them off on purpose so they could eat them.. haha), drop them off (with LESS THAN enough help from the hotel staff), and get pampered at the nail salon with complimentary Champagne in plastic cups- LOVE IT!!!! While my dear mother-in-law held down the fort and instructed the landscapers where to lay the sod and plant the bazillion flowers and plants hubby ordered! I seriously get all nostalgic when I think about those moments and memories! It was such a wonderful time that went by way too fast!

That being said, so much has happened this past year! As I tell my husband all the time, it seriously has been OUR best year yet, but we went through a LOT of crazy stuff! From getting sick in more ways than one the DAY AFTER our wedding, moving to Colombia, not moving to Colombia, walking Pneumonia, laying to rest old dreams and taking on new ones, new jobs, letting go of old friends and meeting new ones, getting a puppy... literally doing a 360 with our lives in order to do what's best for our family! But that's what you do... you get married and that's your #1 priority- your family!

I've always loved Kyle and thought I put him first, but I didn't realize how there can be a "higher" level. Along the way things change and luckily for us this past year we just became one. I don't know when or how it happened, but it did. In the beginning everyone kept asking "Is it different?" and I'd say no. And then just one day I realized it is. I can't explain it- it's not like we sat down and had a talk about being on the same page. There's just more of a respect and understanding there. I notice it when I go to get frustrated or upset and I realize in the big scheme of things it really isn't that big of a deal... and it melts away (ehh most of the time, haha)!!

Side note: In case you were wondering, the bridesmaids mixes included: Rebecca, True Companion, 99 Problems, Outloud, Passin You Buy, Luven Me, All for You, Shimmer, Great Divide, Long Day, Miss you, Burn One Down, How Many Licks, Satellite, Tha Crossroads, How you Remind Me, and The Song That Jane Likes... YES YES YES- talk about a RANDOM mix, but those were the songs that reminded me of them!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment