Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mornin Fav

Entertainment/Novel: Jodi Picoult

If you've ever read one of her novels, then I'm sure you'll agree on how fabulous her writing is! She is so creative and always has the perfect mix of mystery, love, deception, and compassion. I love how she allows us into the minds of each of her characters and we get to see their perspective on the different predicaments.

She literally writes a page turner; you have to keep reading to find out what's going to happen on the next page. Sometimes I have to put down the book, take a deep breath, and get ready for what I'm about to find out (OK maybe that's cause I'm a freak!).

I'm sure you know her better for "My Sister's Keeper", which was just made into a movie with Cameron Diaz. That was definitely a great book, but she's got a few more that I really like. I actually have only gotten through a portion and still have a ways to go, but I can't wait!


My all-time favorite: The PACT.
It was the first book of hers that I read. My mom gave it to me on a summer trip back in college and I think that was the fastest I ever read a book (until the Twilight Series). I could NOT put it down and I was in Spain with 4 of my best friends! Once I was done we circled the book around between all the girls who read it on the trip and loved it! I can't even describe the emotional roller coaster I felt I was on while reading this book! That's all I can say without ruining it!


My List:
1. The Pact.... a modern day Romeo and Juliet, sort of.
2. Plain Truth.... don't get turned off by the "Amish setting"; very good
3. 19 Minutes.... has a Columbine setting, but gets you deep in the minds of those involved
4. Salem Falls
5. My Sister's Keeper
6. Songs of the Humpback Whale
7. Vanishing Acts

Currently Reading:
Change of Heart

Still to read:
Handle with Care (my mom's next favorite after The Pact and next on my list)
Keeping Faith
Mercy
Picture Perfect
Harvesting Heart
The Tenth Circle
Perfect Match
Second Glance

Website: http://www.jodipicoult.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment