Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wedding Etiquette

"It's my day Bi*tches"....... don't mess with the bride


I was walking down Broad Street this past Saturday and saw an outside wedding cocktail hour and there we non-bride/bridesmaids in white! I wanted to SCREAM OUT from across the street at this woman's 'no-no', but just decided it was better to blog about it instead haha!

I know I'm not a wedding planner (I'd never be able to beat out Philly's best Mark Kingsdorf) and some people may beg to differ, BUT I truly feel strongly about what I am about to say....

I honestly feel that it is NOT OK, in any circumstance (unless the bride strongly indicates you should) to wear white to ANY wedding-related event!

A bride gets ONE TIME (hopefully, but shit happens and it could be more than once..anyway...) to shine and she should be the only one to wear white!!! I've seen it happen time and time again...at a wedding... at a rehearsal dinner... and I've known for a fact that those brides were truly upset/dumbfounded! Some girls just truly didn't know or 'didn't get that wedding etiquette memo' and then other girls just don't care!

I think it's OK to accessorize or incorporate white in your dress or outfit, but I just don't think it's appropriate to wear a predominately white dress!

And if you do.. I hope this happens to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment