Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tribute: Patrick Swayze


I feel compelled to make a tribute this morning to the incredibly talented and always hunky Patrick Swayze! I'm sure you have already heard, but unfortunately he lost his battle with pancreatic cancer yesterday at age 57!

It's not like we didn't know he was sick, but still...... it is SO incredibly devastating! I mean will 2009 be known for tragic celebrity deaths?

He was SO incredibly talented! From Broadway to Road House to Dirty Dancing to Ghost to To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything to name a few of my favorites! I mean that man can act, dance, and seriously crack some skulls! On top of his Hollywood accolades apparently he was extremely nice as well!

My obsession with Patrick began in maybe 2nd or 3rd grade after watching Dirty Dancing. I know my mom was a big fan, so I'm guessing I watched it with her, but I used to make my friends that came over for sleep-overs watch Dirty Dancing, then play Dirty Dancing with my Barbie play-by-play, and then pretend make out with my pillow (pretending it was Patrick Swayze). The ultimate memory I have though... is from 3rd grade when we had to fill in a silhouette of ourselves with cutouts, pictures, and words that represented who we were. Mine? Gymnastics? Soccer? My family? Ummm no......... PATRICK SWAYZE. I mean it was a long time ago, but I think I full fledge remember my WHOLE silhouette being filled in with my mom's magazines and cutouts of him. I wonder what Mrs. Richards my 3rd grade teacher thought! Hopefully she had my mom in for a little parent-teacher conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment