Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Funny Story... a good laugh

If the shoe fits... or doesn't...

Most of you that know me, know that I don't always have the common sense of what size I really am.. whether it's my boobs, my shoes, or pant size... I just am not that in-tune. I'm finally free of the number on that scale and can honestly say most days I go by how I feel! Which is SUPER important, but a whole other blog in itself. I have fluctuated a ton with my size over the past 10 years and so I never really know what size I am... I usually go into a store and say look at me.. give me what size you think will fit and I won't be "offended" if you think I need a bigger size in something.. you know?

So... in college I would even have my shoes too big- like what? I now seriously will be between a 7 1/2 and an 8 1/2, but mostly and 8. My closet in college... definitely teetered more towards 8.5/9. I'll never forget my freshman year at UMD and I had ordered my running shoes too big (didn't know it at the time) and when they came and my other freshie friends and I were laughing out loud and making a fuss on how big they were.. one of the seniors passive aggressively said something, definitely loud enough for us to hear, something close to "well that's the size you ordered" or something basically being "shut up and wear them"... which obviously I would do anyway, but it was freaking hilarious.. and after that I went home and probably cried cause I was so scared I got yelled at by a senior! So, for the rest of the year I plopped around in my 9.5 sneakers and XL gray sweat suit- I know.. gross! And I wasn't alone... like why were my friends and I confused that "our boys" liked the sorority girls better than us.. hmmm take a wild guess!

Segue.... to my Sophomore year as I jumped on a couch at Halloween screaming "This is a Halloween party, NOT a cutie patootie party".. I was honestly probably just jealous that I couldn't fit myself into the cute little Police officer outfit with short shorts and had sprayed my hair pink and NO ONE new who I was... JEM from JEM and the Holograms people!!!!

Anyway.... I have always had the problem with pants... so I usually opted for sweats, skirts, or dresses! My thighs and waste don't really match up.. which I'm ok with now.. but used to get really frustrated with when I was younger and buy my pants WAY too big and refuse to wear a belt... I mean I was disastrous!

And on top if everything else, I don't really have a style or a keen sense of style, so I just dabble in each "department". So, last night at the trunk show I was explaining how I just was baffled by why my skinny jeans do not fit into my boots... luckily I was home, so I ran upstairs grabbed my jeans and boots and put them on display.. only to find out I wasn't wearing "skinny" jeans at all and NO wonder why my outfits weren't coming out as planned! I mean they were "skinny" to me (apparently they are just straight leg), well at least skinnier than my other "boot legs", but it was so funny.. it was DEFINITELY a good laugh and luckily I was able to find a great pair or REAL skinny jeans! PHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment