Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wacky Walmart

I had to head out to the KOP mall last Monday so I thought I would give Walmart a try for my grocery shopping... I mean I see all of those commercials claiming to help me save $$$ a year, so I figured I'd try it out..... it was a good idea although they don't really have too many "healthy" options (i.e. no light peanut butter just to name a few), but strawberries were only $1.98 so you can't beat that!

Anyway I am in the check out line (of the few that were open) and it was going pretty slowly and I was STARVING!!! It took everything I had not to grab the Snickers or Twix right off the shelf! It's finally my turn to put my items on the "runway" (or whatever you call that thing). And let's be honest, it's no secret I have some OCD qualities... so yes I organize my items so it is easiest to bag them (all the bottles go together; the boxes; the produce; the meats; the breads; etc.) but this didn't make it an easier for the girl who was checking me out.. I was looking up, looking down, etc.... all I wanted to do was grab the items and bag them myself!!!

So she goes "girl, you sure do have a lot of stuff"; my reply? "and it's only two of us". She was DEFINITELY surprised by that but I explained how we were fresh out of everything and I was restocking... plus I'm pregnant and need lots of options cause i"m picky... Her response- "ohh that explains it, cause girl I was gonna say"....

So this open conversation makes the woman behind me want to get involved. Just to set the seen she is a rather larger woman with some not so healthy items in her pile (yes I noticed in the 30 minutes it took the girl to bag my groceries).. so the woman behind me goes "YEAH- I was going to say... your pile sure does look a lot different that mine", my awkward response was  a soft "oh, huh huh", but what I really wanted to say was... maybe you just not get all that processed food and 1,000 calorie drinks... but I didn't.. and it could have just ended there.. but the clerk goes "YEAH you sure have a lot of snack and drinks"... that was my cue... slide, sign.... seee ya!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment