Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Coffee for a Purpose

So I know there is the huge debate about caffeine during pregnancy and I probably fall somewhere in the middle... I honestly think almost "anything" in moderation is OK in life in general. After the end of my first trimester I introduced a tiny cup of joe here and there when necessary or much desired! Luckily it's not every day for me... but it was mighty tasty this AM with my salt bagel... yes I had another bagel again today... this time it was a YUMMY NY bagel courtesy of Rebecca from Rebecca's Ruminations (http://rebeccasruminations.blogspot.com/?spref=fb).

But I think I found the purpose of coffee in pregnancy... well I know I am not that far along and this is my first so I won't even pretend to know what I am talking about... but being someone who pretty much just drinks water with lemon unless I'm trying to force down more calcium or fruits and veggies with milk or V8 Fusion that's about it. They say the further you get into pregnancy the more the water consumption will help (specifically with those movements that begin with a BIG B or tiny B... and I'm not talking baby) regulate you. Well.... forget the Colace kids..... just have a tiny 'cup of joe' and I'm thinking that might help in more than one aspect!

Like I said I'm no expert BUT.... I'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment