Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Change up the Cycle


I don't think it's any secret that our lives... in almost any aspect... tend to run in cycles. Whether it is your relationships with your friends, your family, your "significant other", work, sex life, emotional stability, etc. In this case I'm talking about my "gym cycle". I get SO bored SO easily... so I tend to have to change up my workout schedule every few months or now as my body is a changing every few weeks. I find it keeps me motivated and intrigued... looking forward to my workout vs. "here we go again".

Unfortunately last night I was on the treadmill (don't be fooled I can't run above 5.5 without my heart rate sky rocketing above 140) and my left foot really started to hurt. It was very humbling for me, because usually I would just push through, but I told myself what is the point? And you're really suppose to be learning how to take care of yourself and the bebe so that wouldn't be smart.. so I moved myself over to the elliptical (which I had shied away from years ago) and it was like "waaaahhhh LAH" a new beginning.. I loved it and actually felt more productive than I did on the treadmill...

I'm a true believer that everything happens for a reason. I know that sounds dumb because I'm talking about a gym work out, ha, but seriously... I would have pushed myself to run, most likely, until that baby popped out just to prove I could... even if it was 3.5, but instead I found something else that makes me feel good! Sometimes you just need to break the cycle and change things up... and you might just be happily surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment