Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Some kind of wonderful....

You don't have to be a weatherman (or woman) to realize that rain is in the forecast. I'm usually not an advocate of rain, but today I'm OK with it. I set out for my morning walk with Harley and a nice little surprise was waiting for me.... a cooler temperature, a lower % of humidity, and a nice breeze. There was just this beautiful essence about the morning... it was peaceful... a calm serenity had taken over the neighborhood. And even though it was after 7:00AM I felt like it could have been 5:00AM and all the neighbors were still tucked in their beds and it was just, me, Harley, and the break of dawn. The calm before the storm.

Usually one finds inspiration in a sunny day or a cloudless sky, but today I found my inspiration in a cloudy white layer..... with the daydreams of the fall that is to come.... the change in schedules, the change in weather  (less humid) the change in clothes, and that is just a beginning. Although we still have "the dog days of August" to get through I saw a glimpse into the months to come and welcome any change openly.....

I'm  not one that does well with change, but with this whole pregnancy thing going on I find myself trying to have a new outlook. Change happens... everything "happens" for a reason and we just have to roll with the punches... instead of sitting back and letting the change happen around you, why not BE the change? Now obviously this won't happen overnight but it might be a good motto to slowly move into.

Kyle and I have been talking for years about moving out to Colorado and finally a year ago it was sort of like "give it up, you're not going to move so stop looking for houses, areas to live, and school districts to send our kids". And it's true... I really don't think I'd be able to take "the plunge" unless the world started changing around me... neighbors and good friends leaving the neighborhood, friends moving farther away, family members moving, or even everyone's lives getting busier and busier as the kids get older which means you see people less and less.... then I bet I would stop and say.. OK things are changing it's an "OK" time... but what's the point in that? I realize that there is no perfect time.... just about the time I found out I was  pregnant and 2 weeks earlier we had the "OK we'll wait on kids and concentrate on our careers and travel"... well apparently someone else had a different plan for us than our own.. and being a control freak I'm OK with that.

I'm not saying I'm packing my bags and moving out to Denver tomorrow... but what's so bad in BEING the change.. taking the initiative for once? Am I afraid of falling.. of failing? Maybe.... but so what you get back up... you figure it out! And it only gets harder to "recover from a fall" as you get older... we're still young and resilient (at least I think)!

We only live once and I think no matter WHAT it is, we need to be able to LIVE... There will always be someone else with more money, more time, more beauty, more more more and it's just not realistic to live with the "one day" attitude. I think it's important to have realistic goals and dreams, but there's a bigger world out there than us... Growing up "on the main line" your sense of reality gets so jaded on what you think is "normal" in regards to anything- schools, cars, houses, money, friends, etc. It doesn't mean you have to have a lot of these things to think this way.... but it's your surroundings... and when you walk out into that big world you realize there is a lot more around you than what you thought. It doesn't mean you necessarily change your ways but it's always good to open up your eyes and take a look around every once in awhile! At the end of the day if you have enough "funds" to do what you want to do... that is successful..... if you wake up every morning next to someone else you love and can feel the love back... that is successful.... if you know you make someone else feel loved and special whether it is your significant other, your family members, your children, your "puppa".... then that is successful!

1 comment: