Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Lesson behind every turn...

I literally learned a wonderful lesson that I keep learning over and over again but it really is a good reminder that we must remain flexible and how important it really is to "not sweat the small stuff"!

I decided to switch up my routine this morning and start work a little later.. so I got up and took Harley for a jog, walk, jog, walk as I now call it! I started to get so upset because I was jogging SO slowly (probably around a 4.0 on a treadmill) and my heart rate would shoot up above 145 so then I had to slow down... and I LOVE walking, but I had my mind set on a jog. Then Harley started taking up the WHOLE trail lane- hello doesn't he know "stay right pass left"?!? Ha.. and then I realized how ridiculous these things sounded in my head.. was I literally getting this upset that I couldn't control the situation? And I was I really going to let it ruin my whole day? I mean I should only be so lucky to have the opportunity to do what I was doing in the morning... so many people don't have that luxury of time or space! And then I came to two important realizations... #1- what was really going on that I cannot "control" and I am taking it out on myself and poor Harley. Because that is the bigger picture of control.. and I know myself it's not about me not being able to jog or have Harley "share the road"... it's about something bigger that I need to come to peace with. And the MOST important #2- it's NOT about me anymore... it's not about ANYONE anymore but Baby.... and baby is telling mommy to slow down (yes literally and metaphorically)! So I listened... I slowed down... I looked around... and I smiled... I was in the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment