Monday, August 30, 2010

How do you handle.....

Have you ever taken a step back and thought about how you handle things?

How do you act or react when you are happy.. I mean really really happy about something? Do you go around telling everyone? Do you unintentionally rub it in everyone's face? Do you smile and give "subtle" hints waiting for people to ask you how you are or "what's up" or do you just sit back, smile, and enjoy the ride?

Now what about when you are frustrated, angry or just plain sad? Do you go on a rampage? Do you cry? Do you hole up? Do you raid the refrigerator and pantry or shy away from food all together? Do you call a friend and talk it out? Listen to music? Journal?

The crazy thing about technology today is with websites like facebook, twitter, and blogging you can tell people openly or passive aggressively how you feel with the push of the button. Which can be both good and bad. And when is it too much? Too much sharing? Too much knowledge out there?

I am true believer with everything that I have been through that it's really important to get your emotions and thoughts out of your head or else they build up inside and you pop and/or self destruct. I have done that ONE too many times and I'm not going back to that place... unfortunately it's the only place i know how to go, so I have just had to figure out something new. But when is sharing things crossing the line? Some people are more open than others... and those people who are more private can get very upset with you sharing details about a situation they are involved in... even if it's to a close family member or friend... so what do you do then? Journaling is great, but it takes awhile... I love blogging my thoughts, but sometimes you can't get too personal because I'm not going to air my dirty laundry...

I am literally on cloud 9 with this pregnancy. I just absolutely LOVE being pregnant. I can't help it.. I want to sing from the rooftops.. BUT.... I'm human.... I've got so much going on in my life right now carrying this wonderful bundle of joy and you try to stay positive as possible, but let's face it we don't live in a perfect world! Every day isn't going to be a happy day, just because I am pregnant and loving it! I have to live life and fortunately and unfortunately that means dealing with other people, your emotions, and situations that make you not so happy. It's hard especially when your emotions are running rapid!

I know to most people (especially men) pregnant women's hormones and emotions are a joke... but honestly it's sort of rude. My friend put it perfectly... their (men) job is done after they plant the seed... WHICH let's be honest- who's husband, fiance, friend with benefits, etc. doesn't mention or "beg" for sex at least 3-1,000x a week? So... they do their job by doing something they really really really enjoy.. POOR THEM! For the next 9 months the ladies then go through physical and emotional changes. I'm sorry but it's NOT about them anymore.. it's about the "baby" and the momma... and we are giving our partners LIFE.. literally.. hopefully a happy and healthy life... and I would think it would be in everyone's best interest around the baby to keep that baby and momma as happy as possible!

All these emotions have just gotten me thinking. Yes it is all about attitude and it's good to stay positive and strong, but when is that too much? Sometimes you just have to let yourself feel. And don't let ANYONE make you feel differently!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment