Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Morning NOT so Fav

Before I start my ramblings I want to get it out there that I am a firm believer in "to each their own". What works for some people may not work for others. Well that is certainly the case for me....

I changed up my daily face wash for one that had less salicylic acid (say that 5 times fast) just in case for baby. When I asked a few friends what generic brands they used they recommended Cetaphil and another similar brand. I've used the Cetaphil samples before that I've grabbed from my dermatologist's office and wasn't really that impressed. And I'm sure I could have gone to Sephora or Blue Mercury and spent hours looking through all their products, but I figured I'd give it another go.

Now I understand that face wash is different than eye make up remover... but it really annoys me when I step out of the shower looking like Tara Reid after she's been crying! If it's really doing its job, shouldn't it be able to get the remnants of my mascara and eye liner off? After I use it I just don't feel "clean"... I actually feel more slimy... I wonder why this is?

2 comments:

  1. I am not a Cetaphil fan either... have you tried Purpose? It gets all my eye makeup off but it doesn't have any salicylic acid in it. I find it at Target or CVS but I am sure you can get it elsewhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnant skincare is the worst! Nothing is strong enough for the out-of-whack hormones, and yet still safe for the babe...grr!

    ReplyDelete