Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kids Say the Darndst Things

Last night we had my nephew over and I showed him the sonogram and after we explained what it was I actually think he could tell it was a baby.

So then he asks.... but where is it?" And it was really the neatest thing to explain to him that it was in my belly and see him process it and then semi-understand the process.

Before I get to this next part a little background.... the way we told my nephew, brother, and sister inlaw: we were around the dinner table on our last night in Spain and I said "B- have you ever played the game telephone?" (his response was no...). So I figured hook line and sinker.. this is going to work out great. SO.... we did a practice round and when he got it we placed him next to my brother (who was next to  my sister inlaw, who was last).... So it started out "Kiki's having a baby"... and it was so cute when he told my brother.. who was definitely semi confused (huh what?) who then passed it along to my sister inlaw.. it was the coolest thing! So the rest of the night all B wanted to do was pick our favorite names for the baby.. which apparently is a boy, haha! He just wouldn't take any girls names... maybe it's because he already has 2 girl cousins and is dying for a boy to play with? Apparently the boy feeling hasn't gone away and he is just absolutely convinced it's "not a girl". Hope we don't dissapoint haha!

So last night he asks "so what are we going to name it?" and I said well you have to pick a boy and a girl name and he was like "WHY ARE THERE TWO BABIES.. THAT WOULD BE SO COOL YOU'D GET TO HAVE TO CHILDS. And then I had to explain that it could be either a girl or a boy so we needed options... at that point he lots interest.. I guess he has his mind made up! 

1 comment:

  1. telephone is such a cute way to share the news ahh! so excited for u!

    ReplyDelete