Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Thought of the Day

In high school we had this amazing teacher, Mrs. Hough, who taught a Creative Writing class and at the beginning of each day she'd have us write down our "thought of the day" in our journal and if you wanted to you could share it with the class. Obviously this lead to some pretty interesting conversations to say the least!

On another note, there is this "Random Thoughts of the Day"emailing circulating around, I've gotten it at least 5 times now, that is very amusing! Some of them we can definitely relate to... here are some of my favorites that pertain to me:

1. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.
* If you can't associate with this one then you're fooling yourself!

2. Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.
* I TOTALLY DID THIS! And how many of us had a story of "a friend of a friend" getting their gum stuck in a game?
3. There is a great need for sarcasm font.
* Not so much anymore, but this one could have saved me a LOT of drama in middle and high school!!

4. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet
?
* Tried last night and STILL can't figure it out! And my mom is the laundry queen!
5. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
* I am seriously proud of this! In college when we lived in the basement of the apartment building we thought we were so lucky because could just chuck our groceries in through the window!

6. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
* Clearly unsafe, probably shouldn't admit to this one!

7. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?
* Oh great story: This past time in Panama my husband, Kyle, and I were joking with my mom about how when she doesn't hear what someone says she opens her mouth as wide as possible, laughs, and shakes her head up and down at least 5 times.. so obvious!!!

8. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a dick from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!
* Ohhh, road rage to the max over here!

9. Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in' examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said "Yes that's G as in...(10 second lapse)..ummm...Goonies"
* Happens to me ALL the time because my work email is so uncommon... now try doing it in Spanish!

10. Is it just me or do high school girls get sluttier & sluttier every year?
* I don't get it! I say it all the time... "unless I just don't remember, I don't think we were like that"...

11. Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem....
* I still panic just thinking about this DUMB game!! And when I speak my voice goes up about ten pitches too high

12. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.
* Luckily this doesn't happen as much as it used to!

13. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.
I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
* Just bought a new T.V. and already people are all over me about "blue ray"- what?!? I still have my all time favs on VHS: Stepmom, Notting Hill, Revenge of the Nerds, A Walk to Remember, Care Bear Camp Champ! haha

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this ever.
* This was until we bought a steamer!! Definitely look into one and go Rowenta all the way!


15. I hate being the one with the remote in a room full of people watching TV. There's so much pressure. 'I love this show, but will they judge me if I keep it on? I bet everyone is wishing we weren't watching this. It's only a matter of time before they all get up and leave the room. Will we still be friends after this?'
* Talk about another panic attack.... I would rather watch something awful than deal with this pressure!
16. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.
* Why do they always take up the WHOLE lane- I mean it seriously is SO rude!!!

17.Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
* Yeah I am SO bad at telling time! But good thing watches are just great accessories now- try the new Michael Kors... love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment