Thursday, August 27, 2009

Puppy Playdate

So now I know why people have 10 puppies or kids... well maybe!

So my little Poopy (my nickname for him) is such a good boy! He sleeps mostly all day by my feet while I'm working. He doesn't wine unless he has to tinkle really badly. And best of all he sleeps through the night! I take him on 2 longs walks and a couple mini breaks during the day. But, then why do I feel SO guilty when he gives me that cute little face like he wants to go out and play? Or on our walks when he gets so excited to see other dogs or kids! He looks, starts walking a little faster, looks back at me, and then sits down and just stares at them like... "hello! hi! hi! It's me. I'm over here.. I'm so cute, wanna play?" I just want to eat him up!

We tried the "day care" at our vet, which was nice and reasonable, but we've done such a good job with potty training it's like taking a step backwards when he comes home.

We could definitely step it up on a dog park over the weekends. But, I'm not sure how much I totally trust him to be off leash and come back to me. I would totally be that frantic, crazy woman screaming after her dog! IMAGINE ME.... cute workout outfit, hair up, frizzy flyaways everywhere as I intensely run after Harley in a zig-zag motion.. secretly so pissed off and embarrassed, but trying to keep a smile, like I know what I'm doing!

So, why do I still feel guilty? Any suggestions?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment