Thursday, August 27, 2009

Morning Fav

Fitness: MBT Shoes

OK, so they aren't the cutest or most fashionable shoes, but they'll help you get your butt in those jeans you've been eying up.. literally!



I got my pair of MBT's about a year or so ago, per recomendation of "Fabulous in NYC", to see if they would help my back issues. The fact that the shoe also promises to tone my legs and butt, while also helping with circulation issues that may cause cellulite for varicose veins was just an added bonus.. I swear : )

They're definitely on the $ side, but it's easy to find cheaper ones online or at a sale. Fabulous found them at Nordstrom and I got mine at The Walking Company. But now a bunch of other companies have jumped on the bandwagon and are making their own line for less $: Reebok's "Easy Tone", Sketchers' "Shape-Ups", etc.

How To: You're suppose to start off by wearing them 20/30 minutes a day the first few times to get used to them. Then bump up the time little by little. I wear mine around the house, when I walk Harley, and for those days I really don't feel like running but want a work out I'll go for a long walk! I have recommended them to a ton of lady friends, although I don't think I've sold anyone off on them! But to each "her" own. All I know is I am SO wearing these 24/7 when I get preggo.. any little bit helps!

But all in all, whether the shoe works or not, 90% of it's mental and I feel like it's working and I'm seeing results. So if I'm happy isn't that what truly matters?!?

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have those shoes...as does FABNYC...mind boggling! But, every recommendation you have given me has truly been spot on...guess I am going to have to try out a pair! I'll get my walking buddy to grab a pair too so I dont feel so silly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they help your back as well? I'm in the market for a new pair of walking shoes and have not bought yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely feel like they have helped my back! They're really good with practicing balance, because if you don't have your core tightened the way the shoe is made you will just teeter totter back and forth.. literally, so they force you control your core. Which then in turn helps your posture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like I said they definitely aren't fashionable, BUT you can make up for it in different ways. I.E. up "north" here we can get away with pants 10 out of the 12 months, so then no one really sees them. Also a cute outfit during the warmer months helps. I.E. I wore a cute running skort and top yesterday I bet no one even noticed my shoes looked like "moon shoes" as my hubby calls them!

    ReplyDelete