Monday, August 31, 2009

"If I had a million dollars"



Remember the Barenaked Ladies song "If I had a million dollars"?

If I had a million dollars
(If I had a million dollars)
I'd buy you a house
(I would buy you a house)
If I had a million dollars
(If I had a million dollars)
I'd buy you furniture for your house
(Maybe a nice chesterfield or an ottoman)

That's exactly how I feel right now! We're in the process of taking that "next step" with our house. It's been about 3 years since we moved in and we're thinking about upgrading some appliances and making some rooms a little more "mature"... whatever that means?!? But the problem is, besides that MILLION DOLLARS, that I don't know "my style".

I've been looking in magazines and on websites for months and months now! After looking at my friend's blog this morning (http://rubyflats.blogspot.com/) I can't stop thinking about what it would be like (and my how fun) to have some of these houses, their designers, their style, etc. etc. and create these chic, adorable rooms! I'm obsessed! It's so fun to look through these pictures and see what people create.. to me it's an art! And some people get really creative; I LOVE looking at what they come up with! The particular magazine she was showing pictures from was Traditional Home (http://www.traditionalhome.com/) in case your interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment