Monday, December 7, 2009

Morning Fav

Food/Adult Entertainment: Modern Day Hot Toddy


According to Wikipedia: " Hot toddy is a name given to a mixed drink that is served hot, believed to have originated in the 18th century to make the taste of Scotch more palatable to women... Hot toddies (such as mulled cider) are traditionally drunk before going to bed, or in wet and/or cold weather.

So, clearly I'm not drinking Scotch (yuk)!!! Which reminds me, I DO know someone who feels VERY differently.......
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/zbnqlbqjpm--Anchorman-The-Legend-of-Ron-Burgundy-Will-Ferrell-Ron-Burgundy-I-Love-Scotch

But seriously :) , one of my favorite things is drinking Hot Apple Cider with some rum... which brings me into another side note of one of my favorite scenes from Big Daddy (wish I had a video of the way the little boy says it)......

Sonny
: Man this Yoohoo is good, you know what else is good, smoking dope. I ain't gonna rat you out. You know, puffing the cheeba, go by the see saw smoke a j. You know what I'm talking about?

Jared: I have a belly button.
Sonny: You have a belly button, well we all have belly buttons. You know what? We all love Yoohoo, especially Yoohoo with a little rum.
Jared: What's rum?
Sonny: You don't know what Rum is?
Jared: Rumplestilskin?
Sonny: Rumplestilskin's a good man. So are you guys. Hey, stay clean, stay focused, stay strong. Frankenstein, have fun with your friends.

So, now I'm changing it up and in my world the "Modern Day Hot Toddy" will be Hot Apple Cider with Rum! We made it Saturday night when it was snowing!

My favorite way to make it:
Pour Apple Cider in a big pot
Add a few cinnamon sticks (to taste)
Add a 1/2 sliced full apple (optional)
A few sprinkles of cinnamon (optional)
A few sprinkles of sugar (optional)
A few sprinkles of brown sugar (optional)
Bring Apple Cider to a boil and then let simmer on low for evening

*If you're having a party you can pour the rum in the pot as well, but it tends to evaporate and why let 'good' alcohol go to waste..... so I usually pour a "shot" of rum into the glass and then pour the Apple Cider Mixture

No comments:

Post a Comment