Friday, December 4, 2009

Bathroom Update

The bathroom is coming along nicely! It is so hard to capture in a picture, because of the size and angle, so when you see it picture it looking cleaner and more vibrant!

What "we've" done: took out all of the old tiles on the wall and floor, the old sink, walls, etc. We put in all new porcelain tile in the shower and the bathroom floor; we replaced the sink; painted the walls; put up wainscoting; and will refinish the bath tub; put in new light fixtures + mirror.

Kyle is doing an AMAZING job and working long, hard hours! Go Baby Go!

Unfortunately I don't like the sink that I picked out now that it is in the room, so we must figure out a way to get it back in to the car (if it will fit) and return it. I should have just gone with my gut instinct on the lighter color, but more than one person suggested maybe going a bit darker as the room is light. A very good lesson in self-doubt.... don't do it!

On the other hand, the sink vanity is a little wide for me and I'm not loving how close it is to the toilet. I think a pretty white pedestal sink would look good, but then what do we do about the storage issue?!? We have a huge "linen" closet just for storage right next to the bathroom in the hallway; I have my own vanity for make-up, hair stuff in the bedroom, and we can always put a little "linen closet" over the toilet. I think I am just FREAKING about clutter these days!!


Any suggestions on the vanity vs. pedestal sink?!?'

Here are some pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment