Monday, November 2, 2009

Morning Fav

Food/Drink: Layer Cake Malbec


So, ever since this summer Kyle and I have been on this Malbec kick, especially ones from Argentina. Just ONE MORE reason to LOVE LOVE LOVE Argentina! GOSH- I am SO dying to go back there...

ANYWAY. This summer I was also determined to try "Cakebread" wine after a friend recommended it to me. So as I was down in Maryland I thought it would be nice to hunt down a bottle of Cab or Merlot so Kyle's mom would like it too and we could share in the festivities.. as it def more on the expensive side! Well, no such luck at this one wine store, BUT they did have a bottle of Cab by Layer Cake, who's label has a layered cake on it (shocking I know!!!), which anything with a cake on it can't be bad... right?!?! Well.... wasn't a huge fan :( and definitely disappointed....

So fast forward to a few weeks ago when I went over to have a glass of wine with a friendly neighbor and she offered me a glass of Layer Cake Malbec. EEKKKKKKKK... haha, jk, I decided to give the brand a second chance and absolutely LOVED IT! Went over to another friendly neighbor's house last week and was offered a glass of Layer Cake's Malbec... yummy two times. So for my Parent Talk last week I decided to stock up and it was a huge hit!

On top of everything else it is a Chairman's Select and is VERY reasonably priced!

"
Tasting Notes: Pure, rich and very elegant; a powerhouse of lush black fruit, silky cocoa, black spice and cream, wrapped around blackberry, cherry and ripe plum. Layered and complex with a nose to linger over, a finish that never ends. Sweet anise, hints of tobacco, black chocolate, more cherries and exotic spices, layers of jam." It is definitely a rich wine, but has a nice smooth finish!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy!! Can't wait to try it! Another Malbec that is amazing is Susana Balboa Malbec...super jammy and delicious...al little pricey, but totally worth it!!

    ReplyDelete