Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tales of a Traveler


Bienvenido a mi blog de PANAMA :) (welcome to my blog from Panama). Here is a piece of what I wrote last evening.....

WOWEE…. so this trip to Panama I “decided” (all the flights were taken on my usual flight out of Philly) to try flying direct to Panama via Newark Airport. To say the least, my Sunday was a “No” fun-day , flying through Newark really helped my day out. I had a nice calming trip courtesy of Amtrak and then got through check in and security like “that” (could you see?!? I just snapped), found Vino Volo (AMAZING), this cute wine restaurant place and had myself a glass of yummy Chardonnay, and came to find out (ok I forgot) my ticket was…. BUSINESS (i.e. first) CLASS WAHOOO!! First class service all the way baby! AND LET ME TELL YOU……….. Continental has freaking Direct TV!! So guess what I did?! Caught up with Kourtney and Khloe do Miami (i.e. Khardashians my FAV fam) for hours! OF COURSE It turned off 2 minutes before the 2-hour wedding special due to “normal flight activity- B.S. people!! But then I caught some Z’s! First person through “Extranjeros (foreigners) Customs” baby.. oh yeah! Although I was a little sketched out at one point and thought my driver was driving on a flat tire, but regardless we got to the hotel safe and sound and I tipped him rather largely (he was def confusd) for not kidnapping, raping, and killing “la rubia”. SERIOUSLY- why do these awful thoughts go through my head!

So, I settle in my hotel room until my 5am wake up call only to not be able to fall asleep because I am enthralled by a movie… and HOW MANY TIMES have I seen Legally Blonde?!?!?!

Right now it’s not even 8PM and I am sitting in a teeny tiny single bed (although very comfortable) at an 8-room boutique hotel at this project, with ZERO cell service, reflecting on my day and how incredible it was… SERIOUSLY!!!!

…… In the car for 6 hours; then doing an inspection on a gorgeous villa, when ALL I could think about was how HOT and HUMID I was (yeah I was in skin jeans and boots- DON’T ask. I was trying to “look the part” and I didn’t think a dress and heels cut it- my usual Panama dress code) and wanting to jump in the pool. Finished off by a nice romantic dinner for two by the pool with the inspector… Magdalena : ) hehe… I seriously think my brain HURTS from thinking and speaking in Spanish all day… LITERALLY! Although GREAT practice, I was definitely done by the end of the day when I couldn’t even get a cognizant sentence out in Spanish NOR English!

So as I lay here… I think what a random, but kick-a** day. I’m seriously SO lucky! Although, I would feel a little luckier if I could call my “HUBBY”

Voy a dormir.. Besitos xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment