Monday, November 30, 2009

Morning Fav

HOLIDAY SEASON!!!!!!


(our fire place)

'Tis the season to be merry merry indeed!!! I love how, for me, Thanksgiving is the start of the "race" for the Holiday Season! Nothing ever feels 'real' for me until Thanksgiving.

I love pulling out the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, putting up the Nativity Scene/manger, getting the tree that Saturday, giving it a day or two to fall before putting on the ornaments! Candles are lit everywhere and all day in our house... I'll probably go through numerous candles just to create the "perfect" ambiance! I currently have Vanilla Cinnamon Brulee "cooking" in the kitchen!

After our busy day today, tonight I have plans of decorating the tree while blasting Christmas tunes, and drinking a warm apple cider mixture : ) .

My favorite Christmas tunes: "Santa Baby"; "All I want for Christmas is You"; "Baby it's Cold Outside"; "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"; "Up on the Housetop" (has to be Jackson 5 though)!

On another note.....
I feel like sometimes there is just SO much grunting and complaining around the holidays when we should really be enjoying it and appreciate the festivities! I fall "victim" to the 'grumpies' too every once in awhile, but this year I am really going to try and stay positive and grounded! I'm sure there will be bumps in the road with present shopping, dinner planning, and people making things difficult, but I really want to keep in mind what Christmas is all about.... giving, sharing, spreading good cheer!

And whoever wants to be apart of that with me then please do, but all Mr. and Mrs. Scrooges... STAY AWAY : )

Here is the start to some of our inside decorations (keep in mind it looks a lot cooler at night)... more to come...
(our tree "falling" before ornaments)


(sparkly-white Christmas boot with Candy Cane treats)

(Our Nativity Scene.. Go Jesus Go Jesus Go Jesus GO!)


No comments:

Post a Comment