Tuesday, November 3, 2009

HO HO HO = NO NO NO!

OK so I can't say that I'm not DEVASTATED............
BUT I'm putting life into perspective



Did you all know that Santa Claus isn't real?!? Just Kidding (although I definitely think I was 10-12 when I found out... late bloomer + I liked pretend)!

Anyway... I love love love the holidays and our annual Christmas/Holiday Party!!!! We've had one for the last 3 years (OK it isn't an eternity or anything, but every year since we have been in our new casa) and it has been a BLAST!!! Last year we finally turned it theme.. phew... Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! I have been waiting and waiting for Halloween to get the heck out of here, so EVITE.com will put up their Holiday Evites.. sure enough, day after October 31st... tah dah! So, I make my Evites, come up with some catchy sayings, pictures, layouts, the guest list (of course you were on it.. hehe), and send it to Mr. George to add his list and do NOT get the response I was expecting. :(

Not to make him out to be the bad guy, but he just thought with all of our fall and and holiday entertaining to begin with (did I mention I'm having 20 for Chirstmas?!?), our travels, and our house projects (bathroom and kitchen renovations) it just wasn't the best idea. I know I always... yes ALWAYS.. try to do too much, BUT this is what I live for! I swear I would be a party planner if it didn't involve always being on OTHER people's time!

As I was about to start stomping my feet, turn purple, and begin begging, pleading, and demanding like Veruca Salt, I decided to respect his wishes... I KNOW what you are thinking.. Going down without a fight?!?!? It just felt right this time to just say "ok".

BUT HAVE NO FEAR.. I'll be damned if I don't figure out a way to throw in a theme at the beginning of 2010... maybe a "Golf Pro's and Tennis Ho's" Party for my Birthday... The Big 2-1 :) is a special year and definitely calls for a theme party!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment