Sunday, January 3, 2010

Brick



For those of you that have known me since my adolescent and late teen years know that sometimes I am drawn to more for depressing music.

It's like that song (that I actually think I have blogged about) in "Bad Day" where they talk about listening to sad songs when you are sad..... which I think to a certain point is really good because it allows you to feel what you are feeling and get it all out (hopefully) and then move on.

Well after a "gorgeous" morning out of "nowhere" came these "sad feelings".

I mean our morning was SO amazing.... we got to stay in bed later than we have in years and heading out in the windy brisk brisk brisk day to take Puppa for a walk (which felt SOOOO good all snuggled- new north face jacket and ear muffs- those things are MAGICAL.. I'm NOT kidding.. they keep me SOOO WARM), coffee in hand and the air just hitting your face.

But I think it was coming back in to have to take down all the Christmas decorations that made you feel SO good when you were putting them up.. can sort of be a little depressing... especially when the day is all cloudy and gray out!

And all of a sudden this song that I used to listen to all the time popped in my head... "Brick" by Ben Folds Five:


So I "you tubed" it, watched the video, listened to the lyrics, sang along a little, got it "all out" and moved along my merry way!

Do any of you remember that song?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment