Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Feeling Left Out?

Umm YES!!!! So for some reason this week my puppy is obsessed with Kyle.. which is good that they are bonding, but HELLO don't forget about Mommy over here! Needless to say I am feeling very left out!

What's funny is that I actually see this happen with kids and their parents. They go through different stages. The child, when they are younger, always want to be with the one parent that is home with them the majority of the time (or the nanny) and the other parent(s) end up feeling bad.. but it's just the way it is.

Then they start to get a little older, starting to be disciplined (and obviously not liking that at all) so they take to the one that isn't home. My one sister in-law referred to this stage as "Daddy is like ice cream... everybody loves ice cream". Which is actually a really good analogy! And then somehow everything works out and for the next 20 years they love you on and off at their leisure.

I can already tell my nephew doesn't think I'm as "cool" as I used to be! When he was 2 I remember calling my sister in-law and saying something to the fact "it's not fair, you're his mom and he will always love you and I'm just gonna be the annoying, weird aunt that is always calling him and wanting to hang out"!!!!! OK maybe a little over the top, BUT they do grow up SO fast! I'm still in the "cool aunt" stage with Lena and then will be with Faith... so hopefully my self-confidence will continue to be boosted over the next 5 years (and clearly it's all about me haha), but I will rack my brain on how to bribe Brady so he loves his Aunt Kiki again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment