Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Til Ice Cream Do Us Part


So it's summer time again and  you know what that means.... daily trips to the ice cream store... specifically HOPE'S COOKIES or our new RITA'S in town!

I said to Kyle the other day... about one the employees: "I mean she is always in there... day or night".. and then I thought about that statement.. how you are "judging" someone, but yet if they are always there... and you always see them... doesn't that mean that YOU are always there too! haha! The pot calling the kettle black.. I'm not sure if that applies to the customer-employee scenario but you catch my drift and I like the expression!


My fav from Rita's: If I'm in a water ice mode I go for either the Green Apple (so yummy and not tart) or the "cookies and cream ice". If I'm in a gelati mood... I go for the Swedish Fish with F.F. vanilla custard. And if it's an ice cream mode I always get the F.F. vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.. but always have them let me taste test the coffee :)


My fav from Hope's: obviously depending on my mood... I either get the soft serve (F.F. 90 cal/serving) swirl of country vanilla and devil's cake- AMAZING! It's so rich and creamy!!! And of course my other go to is the BACK IN BUSINESS (well it was last year) Blend In with F.F. vanilla ice cream (hard) and either a heath bar or a reese's pieces cookie! Now you can actually get the Country Vanilla soft serve as a blend in and it is actually much more like a Blizzard!!!

So about two weeks ago I went to an amazing dinner with my girlfriends, but still left craving some Hope's ice cream. On the way into my car my flip flop strap broke- Oh no! However, do you think that stopped me? Unfortunately.. and of course.. there were no spots open in front and I had to hobble to get my ice cream. I really looked silly.. with hair did, in a cute dress.. just hobbling, all my lonesome, to get some ice cream. There was a couple sitting outside on the bench, enjoying their ice cream, and it was obvious they noticed me. About 5 minutes later... on my way out.. an ice cream in each hand.. I make eye contact with the couple and the girl just starts laughing... we both did... and she goes "I just feel so bad for you"... My response?!? "Hey- you do what you gotta do for Hope's ice cream"... it could have been a commercial if they advertised!

No comments:

Post a Comment