Monday, December 27, 2010

Change, Change, Change

Oh how things can change quickly.....

How fast does a year go? It always seems that our holidays and weekends seem to go ever so quickly when our workdays could go on FORRRRR-EEEEEE-VEEERRRRR!

Today I was lucky enough to wake up "when ready" and had the luxury of going on with a medium-paced morning routine before getting the work done I needed to. As I sit here with the sun heading down and the backyards and side streets still snow-covered I automatically think "what to do".... I have the hardest time sitting still (even though I know I should) but don't want to do my filing or thank you notes... cleaning is finished; already went to the gym, etc. etc.

I think about this time last year with all of the snow we had and how at this time of the day when I was finishing up my work I would pop open a bottle of white wine, pour myself a glass, and enjoy with some crackers, cheese, and fruit! Ahhhh how amazing! Or I think about how magical it would be to be in a bar enjoying Apres Ski after a "long day" or skiing!

But this year all is different with Baby George coming to town....... I will definitely not be opening a bottle of wine, skiing, or "downing" beers on a ski mountain... which is fine because we have been given the gift of life! But it's just funny to think about how quickly things can change in just a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment