Friday, December 10, 2010

What Do You Spend Your Money On?!?

Are you frugal? A shopaholic? Do you own a credit card? Massive debt? NO debt?

I finally have a credit card for the 2nd time in my life. I got one in college in order to buy my first Juicy Couture outfit from Bloomie's in Maryland.... and WOW did I learn my lesson! It scarred me for life I haven't had one in 10 years). However, as we are always trying to simplify our life before baby, finish home renovations, and always trying to improve our credit, I finally buckled and applied for an AMEX. So far so good. Fingers crossed. I like how the AMEX will hold us accountable each month.

That being said.... every few months I always reflect on my "financial views". As I negotiated with our painters to come down in price on  money I REALLY didn't want to spend, but after all Kyle has done felt awful having him do all the nasty painting labor is just plain mean. But in our "heated" conversation last night, Kyle did make the point that a lot of our house renovations does equal the annual snowboarding trip he wants to go on!

This got me thinking again... how we justify spending our money. I used to be a "bad" shopper and buy everything. Now I prefer to choose quality over quantity. I don't shop often (especially now  being preggo), but when I do I like to be able to purchase an item and not feel guilty. However, I think it's funny that if we need to spend money on a new microwave ($200+), a pressure gauge for the shower ($500+), or more recently (last night) a new kitchen sink and the faucet I get SO stingy. But in all reality, if I really liked a dress, sweater (shoes probably NOT so much) I would have no issue spending $200! Not that I would do it every day, but it's just funny when you take a step back and ponder it.

How do YOU spend your money?

No comments:

Post a Comment