Friday, December 3, 2010

Quote of the Day

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to HAVE THE LIFE THAT IS WAITING FOR US" - E. M. Forster

This is from my "Momagenda" Day planner. I LOVE this quote because I feel like it calls out to me! I am SUCH a planner and as the nurse said last night at my Pediatrician Consultation... "I know all you young adults are used to a schedule and doing things one way, BUT once a kid comes, you have to throw all that scheduling out the door".

Which is DEFINITELY true, but I think one of those things you don't REALLY REALLY get until you are put in the situation. Just like trying to rest up and enjoy your (a pregnant woman) last "days" of being you, being "selfish", resting, etc. because once the baby comes it is NOT about you anymore, ever! And I GET that, but I just don't think it's one of those things you can ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND until you are in that position.

I think it's good to have a plan and be organized, or as I do... organize my life by chaos- it works for me- maybe not my husband, but it works for me and I do it just fine, haha! BUT to be flexible when appropriate.. NOW I don't mean changing your schedules to accommodate others, because that's not fair- you need to live your life too, but to be OPEN to the possibility of change (scary!!!) and  that things may not go the way as planned and to calm down and be open to the new path that has been presented in front of you.... yes that is a metaphor!

We will see.. we will see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment