Monday, May 16, 2011

Know Your Strengths

This is probably one of the best pieces of advice I have ever heard! I have a book for work I have been meaning to read called "Go Put Your Strengths to Work". And last night we were watching the most recent "Grey's Anatomy" episodes where Owen tells Christina that she is a surgeon not x, y, z and she should stop making herself be or want Chief Resident and just go be an excellent surgeon. And when I heard that I thought it was harsh and a little close minded, BUT it is so true! I really do think it is important to step out of your comfort zone and try new things (what I will be telling "little" Kingston when I want him to try his veggies), BUT it's  important to know ourselves and what can make us successful and put the majority of our focus on that! I guess I would then change my blog title to "Know Yourself". I know myself pretty well, but I have two friends that I think know themselves inside and out better than anyone I have ever met and I just respect that so much!

I was so proud of myself last night when Kyle said he wanted us to go down and figure out what we are going to do with our basement (yes we are ALWAYS doing something to this house... gotta love home ownership and people who always need something to do haha). So we went over exactly what we want to do and that was that... but deep down inside I knew the one side was a hot mess and it would really benefit from a good organization, WHICH is NOT my strength but it is someone else' I know!!!! And I knew if I went downstairs by myself I would A- have been down there for hours, B- I would have gotten bored and given up, and C- it wouldn't have looked half as good as if Kyle had helped! So we went downstairs and I started going through all the bins starting with our photo and wedding bins- for me that is the kiss of death as I could have been down there for hours, but I wasn't and we did it and now that side is ready for when we go to make our improvements!

It was such great teamwork I was so proud of us!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment