Thursday, October 21, 2010

Morning Fav

I love it when I not only find something I love... but my friends too!

Today's find.... Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bread Mix. I made a box last night and ended up having it for dinner AND breakfast this AM. This AM I put a little whipped cream cheese on it AND also tried it with a little peanut butter (for some extra protein) and that was yummy too! Also very good with spray butter to moisten it up!

So I went back today and bought 5 more boxes-the woman behind me definitely gave me a "crazy face".

The thing I like about this bread (because I am usually a banana bread gal) is that you can make it so many different ways.

1. The normal way on the box- eggs, water, veggie oil
2. The "healthy way"- substituting apple sauce for veggie oil
3. The "moist" (yes I hate that word too) way- I added a tbsp of  butter (oh no what a sin haha) and for my 1 cup water I put 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup milk. I also baked at 325 vs. 350 to keep the outside a little less crispy.
4. The "Pumpkin Pumpkin" way- you cut down the oil and add in the pumpkin butter they sell there:
http://www.traderjoesfan.com/Trader_Joes/pumpkin_bread_mix_modification/details/

No comments:

Post a Comment