Thursday, October 14, 2010

Big Decisions.... Fun Decisions

It's not often you get to say... in the same sentence... that making your bigger decisions can also be fun!

Well as my 3rd trimester approaches in Nov (scary!!!) we are making our list of final to do's: baby names, nursery- painting, ordering furniture, etc. Thank goodness for my husband making us start his summer and do everything little by little or else I would be a mess!!!

One of the things I have been working on is our baby's name... and no Baby's final name won't be "Bam Bam", that's just an in-utero nickname as the Grandma's were getting offended we kept calling him/her "IT"!

I really like writing out our favorite names- first, middle, and last to really see how it all sounds and looks! One of my friend's facebook'd me that her friend did something very similar, which it's really helpful! And.... FUN! We have about 5 names we like for EACH gender + different combination's with middle names. And I LOVE all of them... some more than others, so it will be fun to sit with Kyle and narrow them down over the next few months and then once Bam Bam pops out (healthy- fingers crossed) to take a look and see if he/she fits the name we want to give! You just never know!!!!!!!!!

Now in saying that.... I have learned what everyone said from the beginning... don't share your names because EVERYONE has an opinion AND you cannot PLEASE everyone (i.e. not everyone will like your name).... which I totally get now! Everyone has an opinion or a good or bad story of a name associated with someone they know (I do it all the time). BUT apparently now that I am with child, my skin has seemed to have gotten a little thicker vs. the emotional route, which I like (hopefully it's a permanent thing)!

My view is as long as we aren't setting our child up for a bullying or a beating because of his/her name or like the folks who named their Baby Hitler (true story I think he's like 3 or 4 now) then it is OUR choice! Those of you who have had children- you had your chance to name your baby and those of you who haven't... hopefully you will be blessed with that opportunity and then.... I will hopefully be supportive and keep my mouth shut (even if I think your name stinks hehe).

I'm not a "Jr." person and neither is Kyle.... so that eliminates that. And we tend to like "different" or maybe a little more uncommon names, so there will definitely be some "ugh's and ah's'" along the way. But for now I am OK as long as those around us shower our baby with love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment