Tuesday, March 9, 2010

When is Enough Enough?

As the hours go by I am trying to find a way to screw my head back on in the clock wise direction (i.e. a little tighter). For the past few months and more specifically weeks I have had this overwhelming feeling of chaos and what I think the phrase means to "run around like a chicken with your head cut off" or overloading. It doesn't mean I have lost my sanity, it just feels like I am doing 1,000,000 different things but not necessarily doing any of it to the best of  my ability.

It brings me to question have I spread myself to thin?

Some may say yes and others have told me I'm the kind of girl that likes a challenge. As the days go by I see I am more and more like my father. What a wonderful man he is.. but he always has to be "doing something". Which in turn usually affects those around you more than himself, because you get so wrapped up in what you are doing you don't even have a chance to notice you are always on the go.. whether it's work, dinner plans, the gym, etc.

Myself, I have tried to take on the roles as wife, "mommy", Better homemaker, employee, manager, coach, junior leaguer, friend, sister, aunt, niece, daughter...etc. I want to be all of these things to everyone, but when does it get too much? Sometimes you realize it when it's too late.. when you realize your daily chats with your friends get shorter and shorter and less frequent... your weekly play dates with nieces and nephews become biweekly or monthly... etc. etc.


And for me it makes me wonder.. we're not in the "baby making stage" yet, but when that becomes a topic something's gotta give.. I can't be a preggo lady running around doing all these things. It's no secret I'm a stress-ball and I'm pretty sure that's not a healthy habit to have. So how do you let things go and still feel fulfilled?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dear,

    Yes, you can be a preggo woman running around doing all these things. You can do anything you want ... as long as the corners of your mouth continue to point upwards .. keep doing anything you want. Now, after my grandchild is born that is when you can file all "those things" until .... (the ending is all yours) .. have fun with it! Many XO's

    ReplyDelete