Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thin Line Between Honesty and Attitude

In a follow up to my previous blog....

Have you ever heard the expression "when it rains it pours"? I tend to use it a lot in my property management, because it always seems that all our properties sit and when one issue starts, another one arises in a different property, then a third, etc. etc. But it makes for a great challenge!

Obviously you can tell that I feel as though I have a lot going on right now... and sometimes the small things can get really frustrating and make me want to rip my hair out or just "give up". It's easy to get overwhelmed in general.

Which brings me to my next question.. if you are feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, upset, angry, etc. you are usually encouraged to talk about it vs. holding it in! But where does that line end between brutally honest and Debbie downer?

Last night Kyle asked me how my day was.. I said "in all honesty it sucked", but the positive side is that I learned something, and I'm home with you. So I was honest, but tried to keep things positive. This morning on a phone call a friend and associate said to me "are you ever not great? You always seem so bubbly".... which is far from the case and if she only new about 30 minutes earlier I was ragging around my office with massive turrets in reaction to something I was dealing with. And as frustrating as that was... what am I suppose to do.. tell everyone I know about it and complain and be in a bad mood all day long? Let it consume me?

Now let's be honest... every dog has it's day and some days we just need to have a poor me day.. but when does a poor me day turn into a poor me week.. which turns into a poor me month... and eventually a poor me attitude and lifestyle?

Is there a balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment