Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Marriage isn't FOR Me

I came across this blog post for a husband and I just had to share it. I love that it is from a man's perspective and the advice is from his experienced Dad, but more so because it is true in ANY relationship: man & woman; woman & woman; man & man. And it applies equally to BOTH sides of the party.

Personally I had a hard fall emotionally. In the past two weeks I have let go of a lot if emotional doubt, anger, resentment, and sadness. These past two weeks have been focused and happy and enjoyable. My husband and I haven't laughed and enjoyed each other's company this much in awhile. And I can  tell you he hasn't changed- what changed is MY perspective on it. I've read a lot of things: marriage advice, spiritual advice, and religious advice as well. What it all boils down to is trying to change yourself and your perspective vs. trying to change the other person.

Control what you can control. Control your love, your language, your voice & your actions toward your partner

Appreciate your partner vs. picking out all of the big and little things he/she does wrong.  
Stop and recognize the little everyday things that he/she does for you and your family.
Verbally acknowledge these little things that he/she does and tell him/her

Anyway, this article doesn't say what I have above that is my own findings, but it's about BEING about the other person. Giving back to your partner. Loving your partner. And it really makes sense and I like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment